help me please...cool mums

wd152

Where are all the cool creative mums? You don't want to know if my baby sleeps through the night. You don't drive the latest bugaboo. You have a life, a job, a mind of your own.

Do you want to hang out some afternoon and drink, maybe a glass of wine, maybe not. Go to a gallery, talk about real life...current affairs, and leave the breast milk discussions for the ED yummies.

Clearly we love our kids but don't want them to define us.

Please get in touch if any of this rings true.

hey wd,

I do "drive" a bugaboo; I do not have a "job" (but plenty of work at home), I inevitably will talk about my child over a coffee or wine with friends specially when she wakes up many times during the night.

But... Let me tell you. I still think I AM PRETTY COOL!! So, if you struggle to find someone to join you, please pm me and I will show you a good time!!!!! : )

Ps: Forgot to add, my creativity is well bellow average.

I am cool, as i play Golf and all golfers are by definition hip and cool. I am creative, as i regularly create a lot of mess in my flat and problems for myself in general...

But I am not unfortunately a mum - as my name would suggest.. Also I already know this lovely lady as she is afianced to my good friend. So she doesn't really need to recruit me as a friend, as I am already completely sold on the package and can highly recommend!

oh i love this forum.

that post could have completely depressed me , but the subsequent ones just made me giggle.

no i am not cool. I was in my 20s. But now I have a gorgeous daughter and that is way better than being cool.

susypx

Hi wd152 - I'm too tired to be cool or creative, but I know where you are coming from. It's one of the reasons I'm back at work, where I can talk things other than parenthood! Not to say that I don;t enjoy meeting my "mum chums" but the reason we made contact was because of children (NCT, playgroups etc) so inevitably end up talking about kiddy topics. And let's face it, when you don;t know someone really well, the last thing you want to do is to start ranting about something, only to find that they have an strong opposite view. So you just stick to the things to have in common....i.e. sleepless nights.

Also great to meet with old friends who knew you "before kids"...

Good luck with your search!

I'm not an ED Yummy as you put it and I doubt im 'cool' but i can drink wine whilst talking about how many times my girls woke during the night... does that qualify me for your cool gang???? oh no sorry, can't join as I may talk about the two most important things in my life AS WELL as being able to hold a conversation about other things..

I work in a gallery. and there's a bottle of wine on my desk right now (unopened sadly).

i talk about my son sometimes. I don't know what cool is these days. This is real life to me.

I'm not planning on doing an NCT class this time round, so would love to meet up with other mums when number 2 arrives (ages away), to look at some art or something....I'd better post nearer the time cos you'll all have forgotten, and so will I!

cx

I pm'd as I thought this was a genuine 'Hi motherhood is tough I want some of my old life back and would like to meet like minded mummies who would like to get together to talk / do non-baby related stuff'.

Why the 'you're awesome' messages and is this a first time poster or name change?

Sorry I'm really confused....