Forum opinions needed on micro-childcare (?)

Sorry, I didn't know what else to call it! Wise Family-roomers, do you think it would be possible to find someone who would take on a permanent(ish) childcare role if it were only for 1 hour, or 1.5 hours a day, 4 days a week?

My current nannyshare set up is shortly going to include a third child, as the other family have had another baby. We're worried that our current (very long) hours are just going to be too much for our nanny if she's looking after 3 instead of 2. As the other family's day finishes earlier than ours, I am wondering about the possibility of finding someone who would pick my son up from the other family's house (they host full-time) at 5pm and bring him back to ours, give him tea, and get bathtime started, until 6 or 6.30 when I get home. Our houses are just under a mile apart.

I know of one person who, when an A level student, undertook this kind of "fill-in" childcare around their school hours, but that could have just been a very isolated and unusual case.

Do you think its feasible that I might be able to find someone to do this without too much difficulty. I wouldn't be fussed about them being qualified childcarers - I'd be happy with a responsible student with some babysitting experiences (and references) under their belt, and would be hoping to pay a babysitting-type hourly rate.

What do you think? Does it sound totally far-fetched? Thanks for reading my (slightly epic) question! All thoughts appreciated!

That sounds totally possible. I used to do this kind of work when I was studying for my undergraduate degree many many moons ago. You may find that you have to pay slightly over the standard rate as it's evening work, and depending on how far the person has to travel to yours. I know a mature student who does this kind of work, not sure if she's free the hours you want. I will check. If you don't find anyone through the Forum, have you thought about posting an advert with some local universities? xx