Singing groups on a Friday

ktev6

I am going back to work next week (eek!) and will be working Mon - Thurs, so want to make the most of Fridays with my daughter.

We are new to the area (living just by Warick Gardens, Camberwell side) so I'm just finding my feet still and don't realy know anyone. I was thinking that something like Monkey Music / Tin Pan Annie (if they operate around here?) would be good as i will be sure to see the same people each week and so making some mummy friends might be eaiser (plus Eliza LOVES singing)? Am open to suggestions though if anyone thinks otherwise.

All ideas would be really welcome! Was thinking of finding somewhere for swimming too if any more suggestions?

Katie

Hi Katie, and welcome to the area!

Tippieietoes (sp?) runs on a Friday at the Gardens Cafe, just off Peckham Rye on a Friday morning - I think Kimmy1980 on the forum runs it and will be able to give you timings. If you're looking for something a little more local, there is bookstart in Camberwell library on Friday mornings which I think has singing at the end of it....

Also from 4th November there will be new music classes starting in Camberwell Baths called Bugs and Butterflies - a very good friend of mine is setting it up so I'll definitely be joing in! Under 18 months is 10 - 10.45, then 18 months plus from 11am onwards.

Swimming wise, Peckham Pulse is fab - really warm pool (37 degrees!) but does get busy so it's best to book a slot. I was heartless for the first few months and took the yaklet to Camberwell pool but he lasts twice as long at Peckham and loves all the floats and balls etc.

Enjoy exploring the area!

Beas baby bop is usually in the afternoon at 3.30 but search for her on here as she has a posting for the correct info. She is ?5 drop in or tippee toes is usually about 10am ?3 drop in - kimmee posts in here too so have a look as wouldn't want you turning up at the wrong time!

hello there,

I run 'Sparkle Music' on Fridays- lots of singing, moving, actions and instruments to enable young children to explore the wonderful world of music in a fun way. All my classes run on Fridays: I do a baby class at 10:30, a 2-3 year old class at 9:45 and a 3-4 year old class at 2pm. All in East Dulwich.

Anna

www.sparkle-music.co.uk

Hiya - thanks for the Tippee Toes recommendation. Unfortunately, Friday is the only day that I don't run music classes. But you are welcome to drop in if you are around between Monday and Thursday. And as Minimac rightly pointed out, my sessions are ?3.00 drop-in.

Please visit the website www.tippeetoes.co.uk for further information on session times - would be lovely to meet you.

I can also recommend Beas Baby Bop on a Friday - really lovely session too.

Best wishes

Kim

Tippee Toes

Just in case anyone was planning on going to Bea's Baby Bop on a Friday, it is still on at 3:30pm but has now moved to the Plough. The Tuesday afternoon class is still at Soup Dragon, but the Wednesday afternoon and Saturday morning classes are also now at the Plough. She's also starting a couple of morning classes.