Baby passport photos?

Hi, does anyone know a good local place to get passport photos done for a 4month old?

I've been to one already where we had to 'prop' little man up and ended up with a hand in the photo. As we're getting a passport done, I want the least amount of drama possible and therefore a good pic first time.

Can anyone recommend a place? I've heard some places lay them down to take it when they're babies.

thanks ;)

We went to the little photo shop on Lordship Lane when my baby was 1 month old for her UK passport photo. The guy laid her on the floor and took it from above and she looks really strange in the photo! I had to get another pic for her US passport when she was a year old and went to Snappy Snaps in Peckham and had to hold her up on the stool. Again a strange photo. Poor little mite now has two passports with bad photos!

Shot by the Sheriff guarantee acceptance by the relevant passport agency (i.e. UK, Canada, US etc) and you also get a key fob with a picture. Very cute! Watch out for getting through the big heavy wrought iron doors though - don't be afraid to ask for help.

Depends what you call hassle free...

We used this site for our little one (5months old) earlier this year.

epassport

It's free (see below) all you pay for is a print at Boots - about 30p.

We used the post office checking service - they check the photo is ok before sending the application.

To get a free print load up a photograph and check it's within the green section.

When u get to stage 3 "print the sheet"

select "no thanks" and you get a sheet for free on your computer.

Put that onto a memory stick and take it to Boots or somewhere similar.

• 3 months later...

Hi Everyone,

Just a little update on the pricing for our passport service here at Shot by The Sheriff Photography.

All UK passports for adults and children/babies that are able to sit up (I don't mind if they need to use the Bumbo seat that we have to aid them) are going to be charged at ?15.

All UK passport photos for babies that cannot sit up (even with the help of Bumbo seat - i.e most babies under about 12 weeks old) and must therefore be photographed lying down are now going to be charged at ?20.

Any NON-UK passport or visa photos for adults or children are also now ?20.

The reason for this price increase (our first since September 2007) has a number of reasons.

Firstly we are getting an increasing number of people who have used either an online service / photobooth or just a not very good photographer who have had their photos refused by the passport office (some EVEN AFTER using the Post Office "Check and Send" service !)

We have never had a passport or visa photo refused because we will spend the time necessary to get what is needed. With babies this often involves 1/2 hour of our time (sometimes more if the baby needs feeding/changing).

As for the NON-UK passports it's just a case of having to look up the different countries passport photo guidlines as many have been changing them month to month or are just plain time consuming to do (giving head sizes in percentages of the photo size rather than in milimeters for example !)

We did try to withdraw our passport service at the begining of the year because they were just not cost effective for us to continue doing at the standard we like to maintain but due to demaand have decided to keep it going.

You are of course welcome to try other services but if you want a hassle free quality photo (we are not snappy snaps after all) that has guaranteed acceptance by the passport office please come and see us.

Just a reminder that this is not a pop in studio - you always need to book an appointment, as we operate a very busy studio and do not wish you to have a wasted trip if we are already on a shoot.

We are located off Lordship Lane up North Cross Road at No4 The Old Stable House. Look for the blue iron gates next to Jo Partidge's Hair.

Thanks,

Keith and Nicky Sheriff

Shot by the Sheriff Photography

07973 504 522

0800 03 777 03

• 4 years later...

Here's a service that's really easy to use, affordable, and really convenient for the customer:

www.mypassportphotos.com

You upload the image you want used, and they resize it accordingly. You then have the option to download the image, have it sent to your home if you don't have a printer, or to pick it up at your nearest Walmart, CVS, or Walgreens. A professional reviews the images and is photoshopped to ensure that the image complies with government regulations. It's available as a web app, iOS, and Android, so it's easily accessible on all common available platforms. It's really simple to use, with very little work on your part. Hope someone finds this useful!