Goose green school viewings

dollyjo

Hi Dollyjo, I am amazed that the phone hasn't been answered, I ring regularly as my children attend the school and it is always answered immediately and whenever there has been any problem with the phone system parents have ,been informed by text and we have had no such text! Do check you have the right number just in case it is 020 8693 3568.

The last tour was this Monday just gone and was advertised on the forum. The next one should be the first Monday in December (Monday 5th).

Have a look at the website too, that will give you some info and you can click on to view the school and PTA newsletters to find out more. www.goosegreenprimaryschool.org

Hello,

Tours are USUALLY first Monday of every month at 9:15am. ALWAYS check with the school first to get the exact date/time. That's werid about the phone! The school's main number has an initial switchboard recording directing you to the office/reception and the number is 020 8693 3568 - when you ring you should be getting the choice to be put through to the reception desk or it should be instructing you to leave a message if no one is there to take your call. We'll mention to them there is something wrong with the switchboard as this should be kicking in automatically!

Goose Green PTA

http://www.goosegreenprimaryschool.org

So surprised was I that dollyjo had her calls unanswered that I have just rung the school to ask if there has been a problem with the phones. It is answered by an automated service which gives you a number of options, press zero and it will take you through to the school office. My call was answered straight away despite this being the busiest time of day. The receptionist told me that there hasn't been any problems on the lines and that they aim to answer every call by 2 rings(!) although that is not always possible if all 3 lines are engaged and/or they are dealing with parents. Best time to ring is after 10am. They confirmed that there will be a tour at 9.15 on Monday 5th, hope that helps.

goosegreenpta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hello,

>

> Tours are the first Monday of every month at

> 9:15am. That's werid about the phone! The

> school's main number has an initial switchboard

> recording directing you to the office/reception

> and the number is 020 8693 3568 - when you ring

> you should be getting the choice to be put through

> to the reception desk or it should be instructing

> you to leave a message if no one is there to take

> your call. We'll mention to them there is

> something wrong with the switchboard as this

> should be kicking in automatically!

>

> Goose Green PTA

> http://www.goosegreenprimaryschool.org

I was told on the phone that it was the 1st Monday of the month but then received an email that said for December, it would actually be on TUESDAY 6th (I had emailed as I too initially wasn't getting an answer from the phone). I queried this by email and the lady confirmed that it would definitely be Tuesday. And now you're saying Monday! I have to take time off work to come so please can someone categorically confirm that it IS Tuesday!

Damzal,

Those of us who post under the Goose Green PTA handle are just parent volunteers for the PTA not a staff person from the school. We do try to be as helpful as we can but sometimes we get it wrong (usually becaues we are fitting in our volunteer tasks between our work committments)! Usually the tour is the first Monday of the month. But sometimes this changes. Always check with the school first.

Warmly,

Goose Green PTA

http://www.goosegreenprimaryschool.org

• 2 months later...
Hi, not getting a good vibe from Goose Green here. No viewings until September and website down. I got hold of a welcome pack from a friend who had been on a previous visit which was quite frankly fairly useless. I thought they were supposed to be improving this school...

The school tours with large groups of prospective parents tend to take place during the open period for reception place applications. However there are usually parent visits throughout the year and indeed another peak in demand after reception place allocations. I will contact the head teacher to confirm the position and enquire why you were told that you cold not visit until September.

The website is active

My understanding of the pack that is given to parents taking the tour (which is of course a much smaller bundle than that given to parents whose children are actually starting the school) is that it includes a recent newsletter, a sample lunch menu and some information on breakfast and after school clubs and a prospectus (although there have naturally been periods when this is being updated). It is not meant to be a substitute for actually seeing the school. However we would be interested to hear what information has been provided at other school tours which has been more useful and we will pass that on to the school

GGPTA

Dear all,

I emailed the head teacher at 8.10 this morning regarding the latest issues raised in this thread, she responded within 15 minutes.

There will be school tours on 1st May, 12th June and 3rd July. She is conducting an investigation into why anyone would be told that there were no tours until September.

Google do sometimes give out the wrong URL, this is being addressed, the website has not been down.

Due to an unprecedented demand, the school's supply of prospectus' was exhausted. There is a new one in development, this period between reception place application dates is the normal period for that to be done. I am happy to post on this forum when they are available so that anyone interested can collect one from the school office.

GGPTA