Rosendale School Catchment Area

vez

Hi, we are roughly 430m away from Rosendale School and thought this was a safe bet. But now not so sure as we do not know anyone from further away who got in just based on distance rather than siblings.Could there be any issues getting into the school because of preference to siblings? It's all a bit of a nightmare....

Thanks a lot! xx

You should be alright getting into Rosendale School. The school has a priority list (like all the other school) - kids in care then siblings then distance. I know lots of people further than 430m who got into the school last year. They have 3 classes of 30 so fairly big intake. You would probably struggle to get into the nursery because they only have 30 kids and they have the same priority rules. Good luck with it!

Thanks for the reassurance n11.

Mellors, thanks for the link. This must mean that the catchment area has shrunk again since the previous year. Wonder if this is a continuing trend?

Anyway, let's hope for the best!

• 9 months later...

Hello, just quick question on catchment for rosendale.

We are about to move house and hopefully land in rosendale catchment.

Does anyone know if you measure from their front door (rosendale road) or is it the middle of the site?

Anyone know 2012 distance this year?

Dunraven becoming an 'all through school' and are opening a Reception class for admittance in Sept 2013. This might take pressure off the Rosendale catchment and attract parents from the Croxted Rd area, or you might be able to apply if you would be in the Dunrave catchment. I haven't seen any publicity about applying to Dunraven Reception class so it might be undersubscribed for 'distance' applications. Dunraven is reputed to be a very excellent school. I don't know if being in the primary school there will eventually give an automatic option of a place in the secondary. http://www.dunraven.org.uk/page/?title=All-Through+School&pid=203

Hi,

When I went to visit the school last year I think they said it was from the middle of the playground area. It definitely wasn't from their front door. We were offered a place and I think we live approx 525 meters away on Croxted Rd. Good luck with it all!