Can anyone recommend a good hotel to take pre-schoolers in the Canary Islands?

Bishberro

More holiday help required. We want to go to the Canary Islands with our 2 children (almost 2 and 4) in March but the hotel we normally go to in lanzarote is a ?1,000 more expensive than last year! Wondered if anyone could recommend a good hotel on any of the islands? It needs to be somewhere that does a buffet breakfast/has a children's pool/playground/activites/be in walking distance to a beach and bars/restaurants and most importantly where we can get a suite with a separate bedroom and lounge area so we're not all sleeping in the same room - sleep deprivation always ruins a holiday for me!

Second the Princesa Yaiza - had lovely holiday there last year. Beach right on the doorstep, kids clubs & pools, plus soft play indoors, which was v handy for tiring little legs out before dinner. Also a small supermarket right outside, with nappies etc. We had a one bed apartment with kitchenette, which was just a fridge & microwave (pay extra for a kettle) but as much as we needed. Stuffed ourselves at breakfast...

How funny - just stumbled across this thread after (yesterday) booking the Princesa Yaiza for our summer holiday! Lovely to hear the good reviews of it. How much am I looking forward to sizzling by a pool this summer...?

We have also been to the Abama in Tenerife which was very swish and lovely - fantastic pool, beautiful hotel and right near a great beach. The breakfasts were AMAZING (I do appreciate a nice hotel breakfast). The kids' club was very quiet when we went and it didn't seem particularly exciting (more colouring and Lego etc than organised activities) but it was off-season and just after it had opened so it might be different in busier times of year. It's also a bit in the middle of nowhere so you'd need to rent a car if you wanted to explore outside the resort. That aside, I'd definitely recommend the hotel itself.