Cinema for newborn and toddler

verds

It is showing at Peckham Plex. We went there last Sunday afternoon with our 3 year old and 1 year old (to see something else)and it was virtually empty and no one seemed bothered that the 3 year old asked very loud questions the whole time and the 1 year old rampaged up and down the aisles and ate popcorn off the floor. You need a ticket for the toddler but not for babies under 1.

I know cineworld say they are happy for a baby of under 18 months to go to any film of classified 12 and under during the day for free. http://www.cineworld.co.uk/ticketinformation

There is a cineworld at the 02 and also canary wharf. I have not been so don't know how tolerant they actually are. But I imagine if you wait till half term is over and then go it will be pretty quiet.

Just been to Peckham. Happy to pay for 5 and 8 year old, but was surprised that the 21 month old had to be paid for. I said she would sit on my lap, and that she was under 2, and that most places do not charge for under 2s but was told that Peckham plex is not 'most places'. She then had to stand where the woman in charge could see her to decide whether she was small enough to be free. All a but odd, never had it before, cinema three quarters empty. Film is fun, but I think I liked it more than the children due to having the backstory and childhood steeped in Muppets. Babes in arms are free, but there seems a grey area over toddlers. Just for info, will be happy to pay in a few months.