Advice on high chairs please

Strawbs

The Ikea antilop is all of those things, and about

?15 including tray, it's the one you see in lots of cafes etc, or you could look at ones like the phil and teds 'me too' or 'lobster' which clip onto a table plus are great for going out and about, if you have a table in the lounge, (even a low coffee table works) though they are a bit of a faff to clean..

You're quite right come to think of it, I was getting confused as you can pack it away by pulling the legs off..tho depending on the size of your sitting room, if it were a possibility to keep the antilop pushed to one side against a wall, I would say it might still take up less room, and would definitely look less of an eyesore than some of the bigger, gaudier ones even if they were folded flat and resting against the wall, say. Plus, I think that folding a highchair away 3 times a day to be less obtrusive in your sitting room might seem more feasible now, before you've started weaning in earnest, but you may find that becomes too much of a palava and prefer to have something with a quite minimalist design that doesn't stick out like a sore thumb, up all the time, if you see what I mean!

on the pricey side, but the Baby Bjorn 'Appetite' highchair is all the things you want. It doesn't fold completey flat, but it does fold fairly flat. Ease of cleaning has got to be it's best attribute. No harnesses, virtually nowhere for food to get stuck!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BabyBjorn-067021-Appetite-Highchair-White/dp/B003CFATG0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329400501&sr=8-1

Ikea high chairs get my vote - so cheap, not offensive looking and you can take them away in the car with you pretty easily. they don't fold flat but you well find this isn't an issue as you end up leaving it out. i seem to spend much of the day feeding with the children in the high chair. on the upside, it does take up less room than others so you may not mind leaving it out. we thought we'd start off with an ikea one and send it to granny's if it didn't suit us. it never left our house and granny has 2 more expensive and not as good models.

Hi all thank you.. We don't have a table either, first baby so currently eat on lap trays but think we will need to get a grown up table one day.. Am going to check out the ikea and baby bjorn one.. Am blessed with a large front room even though with playmats, bouncy chair and all baby paraphernalia it seems to be shrinking rapidly!! X

I'm not sure trays for the Tripp trapp easy to find - especially with the new baby set. Whilst I love the Tripp trapp I don't think it would be good if you have no table! I tried my littlest in the baby bjorn one and thought it was fab -so neat and it does fold -it is like a nicer version of the ikea antilop.

We used (and loved) our Ikea Antilop from BLW at 6 months to 18 months (first with genrous-sized tray, then pulled up to table). We have now switched to a secondhand Tripp Trapp as my son could escape anyway so wanted something a bit more independent for him. Love the look of the TT and the supportive ledge for feet, and can see it's going to be ace for crafting/helping activities too.

Also recommend a table, especially if you have the space! We used to eat a lot of our meals in the living room on our laps pre-baby and pre-weaning and now we never do this which I much prefer.