What's been the best baby related present you've received?

klove

Help! One of my best friends has just given birth after a pretty traumatic labour, she's okay now but I need some advice on what to get her and her little boy. What's been the best present you've received after giving birth? Or do I just buy her something lovely? Any advice gratefully received.

Food is always good, make up containers of say spaghetti Bol or chilli etc so she can heat them up in the microwave, we had friends do this fornthe firstnfew weeks and it was invaluable, Best presents we received were a nappy bin, play mat, nappies are always handy depending on what brand she prefers, mothercare vouchers (there is always something else to buy), clothes in 0-3, a really lovely warm pram blanket, a miracle blanket (swaddle).. Babygrows and vests never go astray as you go through loads.. Hope that helps.. X

Best gift I've had so far (baby arrived on Monday) is an Aden & Anais swaddle - basically an organic

muslin swaddle. Have used it lots so far. It's lovely and soft and could be used as breast feeding drape, impromptu blanket etc if she didn't want to use it as a swaddle. It's not necessarily something you'd buy yourself, so makes a good gift.

Homemade cake or biscuits is a good idea for visitors. Don't forget something lovely for mummy- neals yard mother's stuff is v nice and makes you feel a bit more human.

The best present I got was a Flatout Bear. They're Australian and not cheap but so so lovely. Basically a flat sheepskin bear / pillow, really snuggly and soft to put next to baby's face. Baby 2 has loved snuggling into hers from being just a few weeks old and as long as she has it will sleep anywhere. Wish I'd had one for number 1!

The best present I got was a Flatout Bear. They're Australian and not cheap but so so lovely. Basically a flat sheepskin bear / pillow, really snuggly and soft to put next to baby's face. Baby 2 has loved snuggling into hers from being just a few weeks old and as long as she has it will sleep anywhere. Wish I'd had one for number 1!

ooh flatout bear sounds amazing!

i always buy those bhb baskets for friends as we were sent two and they were the best present. For baby number 2 i bought myself 4 of the A&A swaddling cloths mentioned above (just regular ones though) and recently sent some to a friend and she raved about them, so think they make a good gift. Even if you don't end up swaddling they're great as light blankets/extra sheets/sheet protectors/pram shades when baby is sleeping...when browswing their website i notice they do a comforter which is basically a muslin with ribbon edge, which wd make a nice present too i think...

on the same track...

what's a good baby shower present?

Or does this warrant a separate discussion?

I don't want to spend loads of money (I don't have it) and she doesn't know the sex.....(though I prefer unisex baby clothes for the most part in any case)...

oops I think we might have received an australian flat bear for our first son... I had no idea what it was, it was black and you couldn't see the eyes properly.... it looked really creepy and a bit like a teddy bear that had been run over. We always thought it was a bit of a weird present. Sorry.

Best presents for baby were a lovely personalised blanket from mr mole (I've since ordered for friends online). for mummy and daddy home made meals were very welcome... I also later was given a day at the sanctuary, which possibly was the best present I've ever had!

• 3 weeks later...

Ellie78 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> on the same track...

>

> what's a good baby shower present?

>

> Or does this warrant a separate discussion?

>

> I don't want to spend loads of money (I don't have

> it) and she doesn't know the sex.....(though I

> prefer unisex baby clothes for the most part in

> any case)...

Although it's called a 'baby' shower, it's also about celebrating the mother-to-be. Consider giving a present for the mother herself at the baby shower. This could be something pregnancy/birth related, or just something nice for the lady herself... a pretty robe for the birth, nice organic skin cream, manicure voucher, etc. Then when the baby arrives, you can give a separate present to the baby.

Best baby-related gifts we received were the practical ones. Toddler toys are nice too (Baby will grow sooo quickly!)

• 1 month later...
Saw some boxes of 4 Aden & Anais swaddles in TK Maxx Lewisham for ?20, it said normal price for a box of 4 was ?40, I thought of this thread and thought if anybody needs to buy a baby gift...