cator park montessori

lucyA1308

does anyone have a child at Cator Park montessori school? Please can you give me comments, or feed back. It seems the best pre-school in my area, and suits our needs best as well, but I still have some niggling issues.

Any comments here would be useful.

Many thanks,

Lucy

• 1 month later...
My daughter is there, she started in September 2011. I have to say, I'm really pleased with it. She loves going, and she is learning without noticing and doing really well. My daughter settled in really easily - it took her a term to find her voice a little, but she was only 2 and a half when she started so she was the youngest one in the room. The only thing I find a little frustrating is the lack of daily information about how she is doing. But that problem partly stems from the fact that it is our childminder who picks my daughter up. Consequently, I don't get to look at her work book to see what she has been doing, or to have informal chats with the teachers. However, I do get to attend termly parents evenings, and so do get to catch up then. And I get the piles of artwork she has been producing. I would strongly recommend it.

My eldest daughter attended and loved her time there - the teachers are really caring, everything is well organised and the parents evening mean you get to find out what your child is getting up to! It really suited my child and she left with great skills ready for primary school. The fact that it's actually in the park away from any busy roads was a big plus for me as well - They used to go on little nature walks in the park! My youngest is due to start in September - i would really recommend it.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I've moved to Sydenham from ED and looking for advice. I'm considering a Sept start at Cator Park Montessori for my girl who will be 3 and 3 months. However, I'm currently off on maternity leave, and going back to work in June, so will need to find a childminder to take my 11 month old son and who is willing to do pick-up and drop-off for my daughter (and who will also take her over the holidays when the pre-school is closed). Any advice on how to find such a childminder, allyfe, would you recommend your childminder and does she have space?

Thanks in advance, it's so hard to figure out childcare for two!