Birth Annoucement cards

nylonmeals

A friend of mine started a web site in France where he designs and prints beatiful birth annoucement cards (as well as other cards, invitations, save the dates etc) He is thinking of launching in the UK. In France and the US people seem to send birth annoucement cards as a matter of course. But it struck me that birth annoucement cards are a bit less common here in the UK. Do you think I'm right?

Did you send birth annoucement cards? If so do you remember what website you used? Any thoughts would be really useful.

In the past we have used Tiny Prints http://www.tinyprints.com/baby-photo-birth-announcements.htm and have been really really pleased with the quality and designs.

I feel these day most births are announced via text, email or Facebook (and the forum!).

But we do receive, and indeed did ourselves, printed cards as thank you cards which kind of did the job of announcing birth too, I mean pics, date, and weight details etc. Same for birthday thank you cards. Cheap and personalised!

I usually use snapfish but will def give your website a look.

http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/snapfishuk/welcome

I neither sent them, nor have ever received any. A lovely idea, but I think in those early days most parents have enough to think about?!! Unless you can deputise GPs to do it? In our case, my husband texted my mum and his parents, and the domino effect was begun!

Like Polly D we sent a photo card with date, weight and name written inside. It was essentially a thank you with a few details as the actual births were announced by texts, phone calls and fb. Took a while for me to do them all though! We receive a few, 1 from Tiny Prints which was lovely.

We've also used a birth announcement type card as a thank you card for the birth of our most recent daughter. I figure that although most people see photos via social media or email there are still a few people of our parents generation who won't yet have seen a photo so it's nice for them to get something with the birth info and a picture.

I got mine on Photobox, not expensive and very simple to do.

Also used photo box and it was cheaper to not specify that it was a BA card - a lot cheaper. I just made the jpg in PowerPoint and added words etc to it myself do didn't need to use their (quite cheesy) templates. It was a bit of a mission finding the time with a newborn so can't imagine it with more than one child, next baby might not be so lucky!

We did Telegraph (for the GPs!) and personalised photo cards as thank you notes with a picture of child and printed name, date, and weight details. Have received a lot of similar cards, but only one straight announcement card. Used photo box and bonus print- as a rule I find anything aimed especially at new parents to be over priced.

• 2 years later...