Kiwi families and kohanga reo

amyw

• 2 weeks later...

It transpired at the drinks last night that non-Kiwis reading this thread think kohanga reo is haka training classes for children :))

So I figure we meet on Goose Green to do a demonstration? I'll be the one with a ballerina and a pirate...

• 4 months later...

Hey, I never ended up going (I used to be amyw, now convex)

But I'd be keen to get together with other kiwi families and do kiwi stuff, eg sing maori and nz songs and do the basic words that we learned at school.

There are websites with the words t stuff I'm sure and we could get info on the 'latest' kid stuff from mates at home.

Any takers?

No, we haven't made it, never seem to get organised enough. Would be keen for a kiwi meet up, my accent is drifting all over the place these days. My two older kids are school age now (4 and 5) but I also have a 6 month old.

Maybe we should arrange a kiwi picnic? I'll bring the bacon & egg pie.

I'm flying home for 2 weeks on Aug 10th (visiting Dunedin, in winter, I am mad!) but around the rest of the holidays and beyond.

Looks like the classes are out for the summer.

Good idea pickle.... pot luck picnic In the park perhaps (wet weather plan, my house, if no one is allergic to cats?) and if it works out we could start a new kiwi playgroup?

Please pm me your email address if you would like to be included!

A

Hello,

We're a family of Antipodean ex-pats too (one NZer, me, & one Australian, him), plus our 14 month-old baby born here whose future potential accent causes no end of speculation ... Convex, will PM with our email address.