Worried that your baby/toddler/child isn't eating enough or doesn't want what you offer them?

"This splendid and easy-to-read book presents a common-sense approach to one of the biggest worries of parenthood. Dr. Gonz?lez reminds us that children know a lot more about their nutritional needs than we give them credit for and that the problem is almost always ours, not theirs." Gill Rapley, co-author of Baby-led Weaning: Helping your baby to love good food

Oh good...the problem is ours...more feel good reading....:-(

• 2 weeks later...
Did anyone get this? Is it useful? Am losing will to live with my 1 yr old - 2.5 weeks afer sickness bug and week later high temp (and constant streaming cold since about october) but he's still not eating proper meals (he had got better). Literally bits of toast/fruit/yoghurt and the odd bit of pasta. Need to get him back on track but how?

I was going to resurrect this thread earlier today to see how you were getting on sb!

I have got the book but have not yet managed to open it, ahem, will speed read it over the next couple of days and then you can borrow it?

Mini Sailor's eating was at an all time low for the last month but in the last few days her appetite has greatly increased.

Part of this is due to me cutting down her milk from 20oz a day to 13/14 oz a day which is actually having the desired effect and she is hungrier at meals.

She had also been ill with one bug after the other, plus the constant streaming cold, for a whole month, and though I knew this would be reducing her appetite, I had underestimated quite how much and was pretty much despairing that she was ever going to eat more than a postage stamp size piece of toast at one sitting again...

In the last 3 days of being bug free, she has started eating much more, so don't underestimate how much this may be playing a part? (I know it's hard to separate other factors from a generally, shall we say, 'economical' eater!)

I have no idea whether this purple patch will last more than a few days but it has shown me that there seems to be very little I can do to influence whether she wants to eat or not, as when she is in a non-eaty phase (er, basically the last 4 months apart from the last 48 hours) it applies to practically every food, finger foods as well as spoon feeding, even her beaker of water is shunned.

Maybe the book tells us more...I'm rather hoping it's a 'babies actually only need to eat a portion the size of a ten pence piece and actually all the other babies you see shovelling down a lasagne are radically over-eating' type of a book!