Afternoon playgroups a good idea?

Hi all,

Just last week I started Cheeky C's afternoon playgroup on Mondays and Thursdays on Monday I had around 8 people which for my first week isn't too bad, on Thursday it was sunny so I only had one person, was this due to the weather or did I just not get the word around enough?

I would love any feedback to whether Mondays are a good day as my morning session only had around 5 people and Thursday afternoons?

Thank you

Annabelle

I think afternoon sessions are a great idea! I was the 'one' who turned up on Thursday, and can't blame people for probably going to the park instead, it was a beautiful day. Hopefully you will be able to carry on with them. I only just discoved your group!

Great idea but as Fuschia says nap time for little ones and school pick up for those with older ones maybe affects attendance and timing. I saw your sessions but I think they finish at 4pm like the 1 o'clock club. My nearly 3 yr old and just 1 yr old often end up with no plans in the afternoon but they both sleep until 3/3.30. A 3-5.30 session with toast and tea options would be awesome for us, but useless for the school pick up brigade! Tricky...

Thanks for your feedback

Times are

Monday 9.30-12.30 and 13.00-16.00

Thursday 9.30-12.30 and 13.00-16.00

Friday 9.30-12.00

At The Greendale Hut, Greendale Road, East Dulwich, SE22 8TE

Age 0-4

Happy to experiment with later times will just need to check with the huts availability, and happy for people to come from 1230!

More feedback welcome and very much appreciated!

Thank You

We can't do those afternoons, but generally afternoon groups (although tricky for some - nap times, school pick ups etc) would be good, because my 2 yr old takes a very short nap, and when she wakes up, all her friends near-by are still sleeping, so she is left without any other young company every afternoon.

Because most groups only run in the mornings, there is a shortage of groups in the afternoon, so I am sure you will get some customers like us, who need an afternoon activity. You just need to get the word out.

Good luck

HIya, I love the idea of afternoon groups, as my LO sleeps in the morning /lunchtime and we always look for entertainment in the afternoon. We are always missing out on groups because of the morning naps, so we will definitely start coming to some of the afternoons starting week after this- if the sessions lasted a bit later than 16.00, even better :)

I don't know the area at all, but is there any outdoor space, for example for summer picnics?

Good Luck

mx

I've been coming along to your morning 9.30-12.30 Friday sessions since November. Another morning session on a Wednesday would be good.

My mindees all sleep 1pm-3pm and school pickups are this time so detours are not a good idea.

I use groups on-going in summer/winter so the weather isn't an issue.

I think it's really handy having an afternoon option, though 3-5pm is the most relevant slot for us given sleep etc. There are probably plenty of Mums with little ones who don't have school pick ups to worry about yet.

We are planning to come up this morning...