Asquith Nursery/Rainbow Smiles Nursery

I know this subject has come up a few times on WDF, but quite some time ago..

I have posted on WDF and had no replies since my post a couple of weeks ago, so I am going to see if any ED'ers have any insight to offer me! I was hoping to hear from some parents with recent experience of Asquiths (Dulwich Day Nursery) and Rainbow Smiles. We are moving into the area and will be looking for 4-5 mornings a week nursery care (full time not just term time), as our nanny only works afternoons. Our son will be coming up to two years and is well used to nursery having been attending the one near our home elsewhere in London for a year. I visited Asquith and Rainbow Smiles and I have to say I got a slightly better impression from Asquiths. I thought the space available at RS was quite small - although I have to say the garden area was nice and the children seemed very engaged with various activities. I liked the layout at Asquith and the variety of areas/ activities on the go when I visited. However I really would love to hear some feedback from other local parents. Please feel free to PM me if you prefer. Thank you so much. I know Nelly's is excellent but we can't get a place, unfortunately.

Ive been through all this in the past a its so hard . my child went to asquith but this was about 6 years ago but didnt settle so I moved her to the villa in bellenden which was lovely and I know magic moments which is only 10 till 12.15 is brilliant as my other daughter has just left to go to fulltime school !

My child went to Rainbow smiles for a few months and I have to say it was terrible. Shouting at the kids, dragging them and yanking at them when they didn't listen to the shouting. The owners let their teenage boys look after the children (illegally, underage and no crb check). My child came home bruised regularly and when I asked to look at the cctv they themselves promised was there for parents to see, it was unavaible for the incidents. My child became worringly withdrawn. Rainbow Smiles regularly have spaces open because people take their children out after a time and there have been lots of complaints. There seems to be an awareness about the dragging and shouting but I guess some people are comfortable with it, personally, I didn't agree with. Looks great initially but having gone through it, I wouldn't inflict it on anyone, let alone my baby. Just put your name down for Nellys and hope for the best, they were asking for people on here a few months back, sometimes a spot opens up...

My daughter goes to Asquiths (Peckham Rye) and absolutely loves it there. The staff are wonderful. I know people on this forum were not too happy with the Dulwich branch a while ago - although a lot of people were. They have had a new manager since last year who was trained by the Peckham Rye manager who is absolutely fantastic and has an eye on everything. I would have thought Asquiths Dulwich would be a good choice.