London(or NY or Paris) Game - would you & your kids enjoy something like this?

mima08

Dear all,

I hope this is ok to ask here:

I am looking for some feedback on a game idea I am trying to develop. I want to create travelguidebooks for children with a game twist. The game is a hunt for virtual treasures while on holidays, mainly visiting cities. To play the game, you have to visit popular sites/attractions at your destination. The parents select which sites they want to visit during their trip and the kids can learn about the sites and gain some general knowledge about the country they are visiting while playing the game. Once they are at a site, they have to find a clue ? this clue is needed to get access to a secret webpage.

I also suggest things to do at each site, where to go next and some general things to do (e.g. in London ? taking the tube etc). I am deliberately not focusing on specific kids attractions ? these are easy enough to find on the web, but want to make general citytravel fun for kids (and adults).

My first game is set in London and will initially be in pdf form to be downloaded and ebook for the likes of kindle/ipad. Eventually, I would love to make this into a fully interactive game for Pc/mobile phone, but this is a little while off....

I would love to hear from some experts (i.e kids) on whether they find this idea fun and if they would enjoy playing such a game when going on holiday. And, of course, I would be very grateful for feedback from adults on whether they would buy a game like this and any suggestions for improvements.

Unfortunately I cannot attach the pdf files due to filesize restriction but could pm /email/ upload to my site for anyone who would be interested. Could make for a fun day out in the Easter holidays?

I would really appreciate your thoughts!

Thank you

Miriam

Edited for typo!

Hiya -the anticipated age range is 6-8years up to 12ish, probably the Dr. Who generation?! At the younger end, they might need a little help from the parents, but hopefully that should be part of the fun.

I should also stress that it is free to play the game. So for example, if a clue is hidden at Buckingham Palace, you can find it without paying any entrance fees etc.

I found a way (a bit long winded) to attach the introduction to the game to this thread as pictures (although it reduces the image quality).

Any opinions would be very appreciated!

Thank you!

Miriam x