Dairy free options for babies

Mens

Hi all

I'm going back to work next week and my 8 month old refuses formula (soy formula). She is intolerant to dairy.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can give her? Are the soya yoghurts okay for babies? Or alpro soya deserts? Just worried about her calcium needs.

She is still breastfed.

would she take expressed milk? (could you bear to express)

I guess it depends on how many days you are doing, how long your days are etc? I think my son was down to one daytime feed by then along with the morning and evening so presumably you can still do 1st thing and last thing?

sorry that's not very useful

• 3 weeks later...
Dried fruit good too.oat milk is low calorie, but high in calcium.not ideal from calories perspective, but if lo piling in otherwise should be fine.my lo loves it (even though she is tiny,it's better than spooning a supplement into her).you can get liquid calcium on prescription-my dietitian wrote to gp asking for them to prescribe-worth a call to lo's dietitian-they also have all kinds of helpful leaflets with calcium sources.good luck.

My LO has goats milk and has enjoyed it for months now. It is pricey but worth it. He also has and enjoys soya yogurts.

It's great to learn about sardines and oat milk.

Shaunag - Is the Oatly oat milk ok for babies? Which one do you use for your LO? Also good to know about the liquid calcium.