Performing arts?

My 9yo goes to JASSPA on a Saturday and has done for a couple of years. But he has also done a summer school with Freedom Academy and he'll be starting their Saturday School in September. The summer school was fantastic, lovely people and they encouraged even the most shy of the childrern to perform.

Can highly recommend the East Dulwich Youth Theatre - Thursday evenings at the Constitution Club on East Dulwich Grove

Helen does amazing work with the children - it's very collaborative, like drama workshops and there's always an end of term production that is guided drama (eg no learning lines, prompted and slightly casual)

She chooses brilliant storylines to work with - last time it was Tristan and Isolde and a journey into the Greek underworld - with the children sharing characters as the story progressed

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm freedom academy have something running late in the holidays 3-5yos, ?80

Theatrebugs is start of the holidays, 3.5-8yo I think (navigation on their website is awful) at ?120

Huge difference in cost ... But I think my very confident just 4 yo would much prefer to be in a group with a broad age range

Anyone got any thoughts or relevant experience?

Thanks