best way to introduce formula at 6 months?

I want to start giving my 6 month old the odd formula feed. Was thinking of skipping the bottle and going straight on to a sippy cup. But she doesn't seem to like the cup. She takes the formula off a spoon. In your experience is it worth persevering or is it too early to rely on a sippy cup for milk feeds? Doidy or bottle better?

thanks

n

Hi Nikki, I noticed no-one responded so thought I'd send my own personal experience. We introduced formula by bottle at about 7 months but by then our daughter was already taking one bottle of expressed milk a day so accustomed to the bottle. She took to formula straight away and we didn't have any problems switching between both types of milk until about 10 months when she started pushing me away at b/fs. The key for us at 7 months was to get volume into her so giving formula by bottle was the best way to do that rather than by sippy cup from which she would have only taken a couple of ounces. A year later and trying to wean our daughter off the night time bottle (of full fat milk rather than formula) has proved to be a total nightmare. So I guess it depends whether you want your nightmare now (and persevere with the sippy cup knowing she won't take alot of volume) or later.

If your hope is to

Be able to skip the occasional bf, then I think a cup is fine (tommee tippee cheapie cuPs or Avent white spout with the inner seal removed at first ... Or nuk do a soft spout I think

Volume probably isn't important, solids can

Be offered too

Introducing a bottle isn't that easy either ... If you are talking about an occasional

Need, then I wouldn't stress. Cup for a little water or milk, feed of solids ...