As our children become more numerous

A certain amount of benign neglect creeps in

Child no 4 has to grapple with a particular variant on blw. He doesn't get regular snacks because the older ones don't, so he is reduced to dashing into the kitchen if the gate is left open, climbing up on to the stool to pinch fruit from the bowl, which he then does his best to peel by himself. (I will say that this hard hearted feeding strategy is very effective for avoiding fussiness, he scoffs anything you actually give to him)

Went to sainsburys to buy him some trousers today. He is 16m. The clothes he was wearing today were trousers aged 9-12m and fleece aged 3-6m (!)

Am I a terrible mother?

Are your later children wickedly deprived in comparison with the lavish treatment of no 1?!

I think it's the other way round in our house at the moment. Have had an Easter clear out of clothes, having had hubby point out that our eldest's clothes were looking a bit small. He's 5, most of the clothes he was wearing were size 2/3 :-$. I kind of forget that he's still growing, and having always been on the small side he suddenly seems to be having a growth spurt.

We went to get him new shoes last week, 1.5 sizes larger than the ones he's been wearing. Oops.

On the plus side we then had fun at Sainsburys today choosing him some new clothes after selling the old ones. With the added bonus of 25% off (and a recurrent pirate theme in their clothing range which he loved).

I'm planning on doing BLW with #3, mainly due to the fact that if she's not eating the same as the rest of us I will probably forget to feed her!

Child no 2 was poorly this morning after throwing up during the night and was lying feebly on the sofa. 'can I have some water please mummy?' he whispered bravely.

I broke off briefly from my washing folding frenzy, filled a cup of water and delivered it. Or so I thought. Moments after when I saw the baby, in his high chair, splashing happily. Had given the water to the wrong child.

Even the children call each other 'whatever your name is'

husband dressed 6 month old in 3 year old's jacket the other day - it nearly fitted...

the names thing is terrible, we are not helped by having 3 3 letter monosyllabic abbreviations in our household, which I freely mix up regularly.