WaterBabies swimming classes

DiGio

Hi,

We are new in the area. Our baby used to go to WaterBabies classes in Bayswater, but now it is too far to travel. I see that the closest is Lewisham Hospital, but is there other WaterBabies pools easy to travel to that you Dulwich mums&dads would advise?

Thank you!

Hi. I swam with Waterbabies for 2 yrs with my son and now have started again with my daughter. We went to the bayswater classes and it is indeed a schlep from ed! I go to lewisham with my daughter now which is fine either drive and park in the hospital ( which can be a pain) or just into ladywell and 5 min walk or we bus it (185 p4 or p12). I have also gone to the balham pool for a term(very shallow, & seem to remember parking was a bit of a pain) and latchmere in Wandsworth which is a nice pool and has a cafe so u can grab a coffee afterwards, but def a drive and the air & water temp a bit random if your baby is still young.

Hope that helps! Welcome to ed.

X Carrie.

Hi DiGio,

I used to take my little one to Wavelengths in Deptford for Waterbabies classes. I live in Nunhead so it only took just over 10 mins in the car with plenty of parking. Its a bit more faff on public transport though. Waterbabies have temporarily stopped classes at Wavelengths though (restarting in Jan I think) so we now go to Downside pool near London Bridge. Again very easy by car and free parking nearby (our class is early on a Sat morning though). It's in the congestion zone though so not one to drive to on a weekday (they swim there on a Tues too), but is easy on the train from ED. They are also starting lessons somewhere near Burgess Park from next month (not sure exactly where). Different levels are on different days at different pools though and there is generally a waiting list so I suggest you call the office (Sarah is the franchise holder for the area and is lovely) and she can tell you what's what.

Hi,

Not sure if the classes are still on but when I was on maternity leave with my now two year old - we went to waterbabies at the topnotch helath club by London bridge. Really easy to get to on public transport from ED - as its literally a 3 minute walk from LB station.

My son now does swimming classes (not waterbabies) at dulwich baths which he seems to love. I think they take younger babies as well.

S.