Your favourite slow cooker recipes... please!

Pickle

I've been trying to decide for months whether to buy a slow cooker, and a friend has kindly lent me hers for a couple of weeks. I'm not particularly inspired by the cookbook that came with it, would love some recommendations for recipes. There are thousands online, but it's hard to know whether they'll be nice!

We eat meat, I like to cook one meal that the kids will eat too (nearly 4 and 5 year olds), so not too spicy, but they're quite adventurous (especially if I tell them it's "Buzz Lightyear stew" or "pirate pie").

Ideally not just stew, I'll get bored!

Recommendations much appreciated.

A favourite in ours (albeit not a complete meal) is to get a gammon ham, add approx a can worth of cherry coke & cook on high for 6-8hrs - great for sandwiches or with veg for dinner.

In a similar vein, a whole roast chicken with 1/2 cup of orange juice & 1/2 cup of honey, again on high for 6-8hrs, serve with tender stem broccoli & rice with some of the juices as sauce - yummy (oh & spare chicken for sandwiches the next day again).

Chicken thighs no skin, marinate in garlic, jerk chicken seasoning, thyme and worc sauce. Transfer to slow cooker along with an onion cut in half, lots of peppers, chicken stock, salt pepper, remainder of marinade, tomato pur?e and then cook on Hugh for 2-3 hours.. 10 mins before its ready squeeze in a little honey. I normally add cooked rice to it 30 mins before its ready but as you are going carb free you could easily do salad..

I also roast a whole chicken in the slow cooker. Get a 1.4kg Chook, I put butter under the skin of the breast, season and put something in to the cavity ie garlic or a clementine.. Put 4 balls of foil in the bottom of the slow cooker so the chicken isn't touching the bottom, put it on High for 1 hour then low for 8.. Literally falls off the bone and. O oil needed. Obv the butter is optional to make it even more low fat but I do it to make sure the breast part doesn't dry out..

X