Southwark primary school admissions 2012

100% of Southwark's on-time primary school applicants have been offered a place for September 2012 - the same as last year

A Total of 3,468 applications were received, 231 more applicants than last year

78% (2,692) received a first preference school, slightly lower than last year's 79%

94% (3,269) received one of their six preferences, the same as last year

6% (198) families did not get any of their preferences, so were allocated a school. Note that some families only gave one preference.

61% (2110) of applications were online - compared to 50% last year

'bulge' classes are being created at 9 primary schools to meet demand. Bessemer, Bellenden, Ivydale, Albion, Charles Dickens, Grange, Robert Browning, Langbourne and John Donne.

Parents wanting advice can contact admissions officer Liam White 0207 525 5211 or [email protected] or go to the drop-in sessions on 19th-20th and 25th-27th April at Cator St. 9.30-12.30 and 13.13-15.30 except the 26th which is an 11am start.

Renata

I just wanted to add some information. I am a Southwark resident but my closest schools are in Lewisham. I received an offer of a school in Lewisham, although not my first choice.. If you are a Southwark resident, Southwark will only automatically place you on a waiting list for other Southwark schools. If you want to be on the waiting list for a Lewisham school, you need to contact them in writing directly.

When speaking to Southwark this morning, they told me they could give me waiting list info on other Southwark schools on Monday.

Hi Reneta;

We did not get offered any of the six schools we chose, and got offered a school 2 miles away from us.

A friend of ours, who lives closer to this school, has not been offered a school at all (which does contradict your first sentance I am afraid). They were on time and live in southwark.

Regarding our child, we will not be able to accept this school offer, since it is too far to walk and will take hours on public transport.

Regarding waiting lists, we will ask to be placed on the waiting lists for the schools we chose. Can you tell me please the criteria for these waiting lists, I believe that it is based on the same criteria as the original decision. My partner though believes it is based on the priority the school was placed on our list.

Also, what happens if we refuse?

many thanks

Jon