quick and easy meal???

Ok so I've got to cook a meal tonight, problem is I'm EXHAUSTED...I've been cooking up bits and pieces all day as my 7month old daughter is weaning and I'm trying to do the whole home cooking thing! But seems like I'm always ending up with a sandwich or a take-away or even a microwave meal as I'm too tired to cook for myself at the end of the eve...... That however can't happen tonight, I have to cook for my brother, sister in law and my mum!!!! HELP guys....what's a meal that I can cook up pretty easily and quickly and that's super yummy ??? :s

What food do you have in the house or are you going to the shops?

Try soaking walnuts in boiling water briefly then stir into cooked chunky pasta spirals with chopped cambrazola cheese

Serve with a Salad of rocket and spinach and slices of a ciabatta loaf warmed in the oven

Fry chopped garlic and some chilli flakes (to taste)in some olive oil. Add prawns, tin of tomatoes, bit of tomato pur?e and a splodge of tomato ketchup and black pepper until heated through. Serve with rice and green salad Takes 5-10 mins for the sauce, so easy and if you buy lazy cheat chopped garlic is no prep either. But super delicious, esp if you like it spicy.

I would recommend a rice cooker for quick and easy meals. I put it on in the morning and it keeps it at the right temperature all day (or even next day actually). No risk of posisoning, super easy to make children's and family meals with.

I combine all manner of pasta sauces and dishes with rice for toddler meals and you can add different types beans, etc to the rice to make it more nutritious. You can also do lots of light fried rice dishes with any old meat and vegetables left in the fridge very quickly.

Another tip for quick cooking is getting a batch of garlic cloves all peeled at one go and putting them in a bag and then in the freezer. They don't stick together, you can just get them out as and when you need them - easy to chop or crush in garlic press after couple of seconds of warming in your hands. When you are peeling garlic, soack them in a bowl of warm water to make it easy to peel. I do this every other month or so and is a real time saver.