Goose Green School PTA welcomes reception 2012 intake

Congratulations to all of those allocated a place at this high achieving vibrant local school. We look forward to seeing you at the welcome meeting and thereafter in September. In the meantime if you wish to keep abreast of the goings on at the PTA you can do so by joining the mailing list; email your details to [email protected] or by PM via the forum.

There will be another open day on 1st May. There have been lots of changes in the last few months with the new kitchen in full swing, the breakfast club serving a range of hot food, extended after school club hours, a new gardening club, parent/teachers choir, refurbished annexe and gardens, beautiful mosaics all over the playground, new gates and signage and, of course, our appearance on BBC sports relief. You can keep in touch with our improvements and achievements via our website www.goosegreenprimaryschool.org which has all the past newsletters on it and much more.

A warm welcome to you all.

GGPTA

Thanks so much for the cheery message. I came to the forum as our son has been given a place there this September, and I realised I know very little about the school, which is a bit unsettling... so this message is really timely. Thanks.

Our pleasure!

Do come along to the next open day I'm sure you will find it very reassuring and we always try to have PTA members on hand for a cuppa afterwards. There will probably be others whose children will be starting at the same time present for a visit or re visit.

Hope to meet you then

GGPTA

Yes, our PTA is really nice and welcoming - lots of ways to get involved in the school - from being involved in the PTA to helping students read to standing for parent-governor. I particularly enjoy the parent-staff choir and the weekly family gardening club (see our photos of the Big Dig event where we prepared beds for our vegetable and herb gardens and launched the family gardening club)

Anyway, I also wanted to point out the correct weblink to the school is actually http://www.goosegreenprimaryschool.org/ - it's so easy to make a mistake when typing in these links (I did that last time!). You'll find lots of useful information on the site.

• 4 weeks later...

Just updating this thread to extend the welcome to anyone fortunate enough to be allocated a place in the "shakedown" at this local school which is positively thriving academically and awash with fun and useful extra curricular activities for children and parents. Keep in touch with the life of the school and the PTA by looking at our website or joining our mailing list and we'll email you out a copy of our fortnightly PTA news (see details above)

Next open day 12th June.

GGPTA