Catarrh/chest infection during pregnancy

Can anybody advise if I can take anything for catarrh or a possible chest infection while I'm pregnant (20 weeks)?

I'm currently waiting for NHS Direct to call me back with some advice. I went to the pharmacy in Boots yesterday + got some catarrh pastilles, but it's got much worse + now I have a really hard cough + a temperature.

Is it worth trying to get an emergency doctors appointment before the weekend or will they just tell me they can't prescribe anything?

Thanks x

I had the same thing - docs let me carry on for 2 MONTHS before prescribing me penecillin. Penecillin is definitely safe to take while pregnant and worth getting some prescribed if you are really suffering Hope you feel better

Yes I had this too and got really nasty - left it too long because I didn't want to take antibiotics. I was a bi further along in my pregnancy and the almost constant coughin was so uncomfortable with the baby. Antibiotics were the only thing that started to shift it so I wish I had gone for them sooner. Good luck, hope you get better fast.