Something different to do this weekend - Imperial College London Festival

Just thought I'd share details of a science festival happening this weekend where I work - in case you're looking for something different to do or have any future scientists in your family!

Join us at Imperial College London's first public Festival, on Friday 11 ? Saturday 12 May, to celebrate the work and life of the College and discover what goes on behind the scenes. Bring your friends and family to enjoy hands-on research demonstrations, talks, music, comedy, dancing and art. The Festival is open to audiences of all ages and interests. Food and drink will be available throughout. All activities are free ? just drop in any time.

For the full programme, timings and location, visit www.imperial.ac.uk/festival

From forensics to robots, artwork to enterprise, the Festival has something for everyone, with a huge mix of performances, exhibitions, interactive exhibits, events and talks. Explore the best on offer from Imperial staff and students today ? immerse yourself in a surgical experience, meet soapbox scientists, analyse your fingerprints, and listen to live music. Highlights include:

* Queen's Lawn Marquee: Explore the Festival hub, which includes hands-on activities and research demonstrations featuring Imperial's departments, institutes and innovations. Displays include space missions, lasers and earthworms.

* SAF Building: Get up close and personal with the inside of an operating theatre, and try your hand at surgery with a pop-up anatomy lesson.

* Dancing in the street: Join Imperial student societies for everything from belly dancing to tango, throw some shapes at the silent disco, and keep your eyes peeled for a skateboarding Isaac Newton and mechanical dragon.

* Queen's Tower Music Stage: From acappella to a gramophone DJ, tap your toe to some of the best music from Imperial and beyond.

Sounds fantastic....for future planning could you consider a Sunday instead of a Friday as kids at school and Sats tend to be busy....Although do understand there are grown ups interested ad well!