Mini Micro or Maxi Micro Scooter?

As our toddlers are approaching 2, I've been chatting to some friends about buying them scooters (as bithday presents from doting grandparents...).

The mini micro scooter seems to be very popular for this age group, but a friend mentioned that for taller toddlers, it might be better to go for the maxi micro scooter with the t-bar at its lowest setting (which would mean the scooter would last a lot longer).

I've not yet had chance to look at either to measure them up or give Baby Knomester a go, but I just wondered if any parents have chosen the maxi over the mini (or vice versa) and what your thoughts are?

I'd say the minis are the right size to go for. They are half the price of the maxis and in my experience they don't really start zooming around on them until they are three years old, let alone two. When they get older they're just as likely to move onto bicylces, skateboards, rollarskates etc anyway.

We have both as my eldest graduated to the Maxi at 6 and her sister (then under 2!) got the Mini.

However, littlest one, now 3.5 can ride either scooter quite happily so if I was buying from scratch would be inclined to go for the Maxi if you feel you can afford it as you will get much, much longer out of it, and I'm sure it would sell on the classifieds for a great price in the future anyway.

The other thing I like about the Maxi is that with the handle up a bit higher I can actually wheel it back from school without having to stoop - saves carrying it, and actually it is strong enough that I can even scoot on it myself if I'm feeling wild and reckless(!).

You are welcome to come and view both options if you like, just give me a shout, or a Tweet(!).

I have no experince of the maxi scooter.

My youngest has the mirco with the 1-2 year old shorter attachment. She has been scooting since 1.5 years, a whole year quicker than her sister with the normal height micro.

Micro Scooter is perfect as a bigger could be not well adapted and get quickly boring for your child if he can't use it properly.

I've saw by visiting the shop recently that DECATHLON store, wich is a huge sport retailer in Canada water shopping centre (15 min driving from ED) has referenced this brand of scooter, and they offer a good price at 54? a new, (blue or pink no more choice). Compare what I've paid for the micro scooter for our son, it's a better deal.