need a new car seat?

hi there

My little girl is 3 months old however she seems to have already out grown her maxicosi carseat already?! how long are babies soppose to stay init? is there a next size up? it needs to fit into my bugaboo too...

just when you thought you new all about baby stuff....guess i have loads and loads to still learn lol!

They need to stay in a rear facing seat for as long as possible, at least 9 months (there's a weight guideline) but ideally much much longer. It seems unlikely that a 3 month old would be too big for a Maxi Cosi seat, my older children were in theirs until well over a year old. What makes you think she's outgrown it?

Hi nabz,

is it a group 0 or group 0+?

It seems unlikely she has grown out of it quite yet if she is 3 months?

Our 15 month old is still in her first maxi cosi seat (the maxicosi cabriofix) as the pertinent thing is whether their head is sticking over the top, and despite being tall, hers still isn't at 15 months. Having said that, it is a group 0+ seat rather than a 0, so is supposed to last until nearer 18 months. If it'a a group 0 then supposed to last to about 9 months..see the table on the link I've attached.

It's confusing cos they do looked pretty cramped in those first stage maxi cosi seats - that is to say their legs and feet looked bunched up - but as far as I've been told, this is usual and not the relevant thing, it's to do with head height.

Your seat may also have a newborn insert which is detachable when your baby gets a bit bigger, could you take this out,

the materially bit?

infant car seat sizes

I wondered about this too, my baby looked too cramped and uncomfortable in the cabriofix at 3 months. I took out the foam wedge that is part of the headhugger and that seemed to do the trick - I also moved the shoulder straps up to the next setting because his head was on the headhugger. We still have the headhugger in because his head would wobble without it when cornering!

Thanks everyone, i thought this was quite strange!! Her head is no where near the top yet but her feet stick out quiye a bit but if that doesnt matter then i guess its fine! Il have a look at it and see if theres a foam bit i can take out, nabz