Light weight pushchair/stroller recommendations

Hi

I'm looking into buying a lightweight pushchair for my toddler. We currently have a Bugaboo Bee which i have loved but he's getting a bit big for it and although it is lightweight (8kg) I want something that is a bit smaller to fold down and lighter to push around. I walk every where so it would need to be sturdy but i don't want to spend above ?100 as I'm not sure that he'll be in it much longer.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be really appreciated.

Thanks

The thing is lightweight strollers like the maclaren quest etc that are easy to fold down and sling in the car boot/on trains etc are not light and easy to push. Of all my buggies(!) the maclaren is the least easy to handle (can't push one handed even with my 1 yr old in it), no storage and tips up with bags on the handles. But it's great for the boot and the nursery run from the car etc.

There is the ever popular babyjogger city mini but it's as heavy in weight terms as the bee. Easier to fold and probably more space for a toddler, and nice to push though. For your budget you would have to look at second hand...

The seat unit in the micralite isn't that big though - toddlers always look a bit cramped in it, and it's terrible for tipping up once the child gets out. It also didn't fit in our (megane) boot and I kicked the wheels when I walked - am not a fan even though agree they look cool, AND they are bringing out a tandem version in the autumn!!

I like the Quinny Zapp, but it does not recline for naps. On the plus side, it folds very small, is very light, manovers easily and had a roomy seat for a toddler.

Try buying second hand on the forum if you want to save money and don't think you'll use it for that long.

I have a maclaren volo which I love. I think it only weighs 3.7kg without all the accessories (hood etc.), but what you sacrifice is extra functions e.g. it does not recline. I think you can use it from 6m+ but because of no recline feature I would recommend for a child a little older. It is not a perfect buggy, but the best for things like short trips eg. school or nursery run, and also travelling on public transport, you can fold it up in a second to get on a bus that already has 2 buggies on it, it also fits on the overhead luggage rack on the train. If there are steps, I can kick my toddler out to walk the steps and fold it up and carry it over my shoulder. It is a brilliant 2nd buggy to have if you have a bigger bulkier buggy for long day trips where you may want to use the buggy as storage for all your stuff (the volo will just fall over if there is one bag and no toddler sitting down). Probably not great as your only buggy though.

Amazing thanks for all the great tips and advice! I dropped into Mothercare and they are having a sale on some of their prams, Maclarens included so I might go back and have another look at some of your suggestions.

The Maclaren Triumph Stroller comes in at ?108, any one used that? I'll check out the Quinny Zap, which sound really good. I've never heard of O Baby Lightweight, so many prams out there. As I've just stayed with the Bee, I feel like a novice.

I would certainly try and buy secondhand but it's the waiting around to pick up a bargain that might not end up being such after all, broken wheel not the exact buggy etc. I'm sure there would be a compromise in what I want or need, but who knows I may get lucky! I'll keep an eye out anyway.

If you are still looking for a lightweight buggy, I can highly recommend the Zeta Vooom. It has a shopping basket and pockets and only costs around ?60.

My daughter loves it, it is very comfortable and she can lie flat in it if she wants a nap.

I have done a review on it, but I'm not sure if I can post links. Just Google "Squidoo I love the Zeta Vooom".

Good luck in whatever you decide on!