Can anyone recommend something like a jumperoo, but not so hideous (no offence intended)

I need to get something for my daughter to sit/stand in as she's starting to look decidedly unimpressed by her bouncer. We had a hand me down for my son, which we disposed of as soon as we could due to its general ugliness. My husband point blank refuses to buy a jumperoo, which I kind of understand but meantime I'm stuck on what to buy.

I know this is shallow and possibly unrealistic, but is there anything out there which is equally stimulating and fun but not quite so in your face plastic? And if you have it and want to sell it, can I buy it?

I was also a bit dismayed at the thought of the jumperoo bang slap in the centre of our sitting room, but when you see them LOVING it, after 10 mins you're very glad you got it, plus it buys you soooo much time getting on with stuff while they jump away to their heart's content. It is a lot more fun and stimulating than a normal bouncer on a frame, cos of the interactive toys and rainforest sounds and music (the music can be switched off when you need to!)

It was one of our very best (if ugliest) buys

I felt the same way about Jumperoos, and as all my son's little friends DID have one, I didn't feel so bad about not having one ourselves - it meant he absolutely adored having a turn in theirs, even long after the friends themselves had lost interest.

Now that I'm pregnant again, I would definitely consider getting one for our next baby - because I now realise how short a time you have to endure looking at it and, as another poster says above, it provides 'getting on with other stuff' time like nothing else....

My plan is to buy one second hand, and sell it on again as soon as we're done with it - thank heavens for the East Dulwich Forum!

i absolutely love our jumperoo, though i agree its a monstrosity. you don't have to get the rainforest one, there is another type which might be less ugly... though probably not.

we've been using it from around 4.5 months i think. possibly longer.

my only real gripe is that you can't easily move it. so wherever you put it, its likely to stay there!

We had the seat attachment for the amby hammock frame, was fantastic! Think though that if I hadn't already had the frame I would have got the jumperoo, as people have said there's a bit more to do.

My little girl used to bounce around forever