Going to Rosemead nursery in Sept (or interested in sharing pickup/afterschool care?)

Our 3.5 year old daughter will be starting nursery at Rosemead in September -- anyone else going too, and interested in meeting up over the summer? Ours can be a bit shy in larger groups, so we were thinking it would be nice if she could get to know a few of her future classmates in a smaller setting ahead of time.

Also, we are trying to sort out afterschool care for her and considering either a nanny-share or childminder based in East Dulwich, if anyone else is in the same situation?

I have girl's Rosemead school uniform for sale second hand if anyone is interested. Winter and Summer. Blazer, tunics, polo tops, jumpers, cardigan, summer dress, p.e. kit and the two aprons available after the end of term. The whole kit costs approx ?400 new. All in very good condition.

Is there a meeting at school at some point towards the end of term? my son is in Nursery at Rosemead at the moment, and there was some kind of meeting in the summer term where we met lots of parents. We passed round our email addresses and I tried to organise a few get togethers over the summer hols. Might be worth a try?

There is a meeting (possibly more than one) over the summer. I'm glad to hear that this sort of thing is discussed then -- I wasn't sure if it would be out of line to use the sessions to attempt to make friends.

• 1 month later...

Hi preston23,

my son is starting in reception at rosemead in september too. He's been there in the nursery for a year already but we'd be really happy to meet up if you like so your son has a familiar face? Do you know which class he's going in to?

I could also try and organise a bigger get-together with other parents and children but obviously that's a bit harder to sort out!

Let me know what you think,

Jacks