Hunting for a plain navy blue cardigan...

I have searched high and low for a simple, knitted plain navy blue cardigan for my son but alas everything seems to be stripes, tracksuit tops, hoodies or emblazened with logos..!

I'm just looking for a basic plain navy button up cardigan (wool or cotton - I don't mind) to fit a tall toddler (age 2-3 in most shops) as an extra layer to go with several outfits before we leave for our holidays at the beginning of next week. (It needs to be plain because we've already gone a bit mad with stripy shorts and t-shirts).

If anyone has seen such a thing I would be eternally grateful to know where! Thank you.

KatDew - Thank you. I'd already checked at Next and have just double checked - they do have one but only starting from age 3 upwards which will be too big!

Ruth - No joy at Gap sadly, but I haven't tried H&M. Not sure I'll have chance to make it up to town before we leave though - I should have thought of that before...

Stunning eco79, if a little out of my budget...

The John Lewis 'school' cardigan would be perfect (like the Next one KatDew mentioned) but they start at age 3 which would drown him at the moment. I shall remember for next year (when I'll probably want yellow or green or red!).

Pickle - I wish I had known sooner. We do have knitters in the family, but unfortunately very slow ones who can't be relied upon to finish knitting something before it's too small!

I shall head off to Mothercare in Peckham over the weekend in search of the one with a hood I think. better than none at all. And thank you for the offer Ruth, incredibly kind but I wouldn't want to put on you.

Sainsburys have back to school ranges (sorry, back TU school!!) with navy cardis. They definitely start at 3 years, but worth a try as my DD is only 20 months and can easily wear cardigans/gilets etc that are 3 years up (because she loves her brother's old ones!!)

Easy to get to than Liberty too ;-)

You'd think it would be a simple thug to find wouldn't you! Sadly all the usual suspects only had baby sizes or 3 upwards or sold out because they were winter stock.

However, thanks to the amazing Ruth (and a last minute dash to Oxford Street for bits and pieces this morning), H&M on Regent Street saved the day. A lovely little navy cardigan in the sale for ?5. Happy mummy.