Ideas on how to spend first birthday?

I keep harping on about it on other threads but I actually finally went to Battersea Park children's zoo and it was such a nice day so would recommend that as a nice thing to do with a toddler who prob isn't old enough to understand/appreciate the big zoo. They have lots of interesting animals, loads of brilliant playgrounds, sandpits with water pumps, adventure playgrounds and tractors and things they can sit on. ?7.95 per adult.

Otherwise I echo the others, if you are having a party then that will be a nice way to celebrate it, otherwise just give her an exciting day with you.

Agree, Battersea Zoo would be great place to go - not too overwhelming or far to go, and much cheaper than London zoo.

For our little one's 1st, we decided against presents for him & had a lovely family photoshoot instead. We needed some better pics than my rubbish blurry camera phone attempts!

We went up to the Diana Memorial Garden in Kensington Park at the weekend for the first time. I thought that was lovely and on a school day, may be less over-run. If the weather is good, the park itself is lovely to walk through so may be a nice day for you too.

I second what others have said about just spending a nice day together. Do something that works for you and keeps you as stress free as possible. That way you'll be able to enjoy your time with your daughter and she'll love that the most.

For our daughters first birthday we went to tilgate country park (google it). We had a picnic, her first mini milk! There is also a mini farm there, playground, lovely lakes and loads of green space to run around. it was a great day out. She was 2 last week and we went to godstone farm for the day. Enjoy!

Godstone farm (?5pp), Kensington Park (free), a city farm eg Surrey Docks Farm (?3 suggested donation) and London Zoo have all been big hits with us. For the zoo and the aquarium get the 241 tickets from trainline - even ?2 tickets from ED count :) Or just a day at the Horniman and Goose Green playpark! Have fun whatever you do :)

We went to the Aquarium which my son quite enjoyed (I think), but really it was more for me to feel I'd made an effort on his special day, which of course he won't remember! As others have said, some of the more local places would be just as much fun....we recently went to the Horniman's aquarium and my son was way more interested in that, only a few months later/older.

Have a lovely day whatever you do!