How do you get rid of tattoos?

I'm meaning the kiddie ones that my eldest has become obsessed with. According to her and daddy (who usually does bath) we're looking at around 4-5 days or more before they'll come off in the bath. I managed to scrub one off today that had been on for around that time but it did take a bit of mummy scrubbing and her arm was a bit red afterwards (oops!).

Is there an easier way to get them off? We were never allowed them when I was little so I never learned how to get them off. (And that was a LONG time ago so guess they've become a bit more child-friendly in the interim!)

They are soluable in oil, like baby oil, cooking oil, oily handlotion/make-up remover. Let the oil sit on them for a while, them wipe them away firmly with tissue. It may take a couple of rounds to remove them completely. Don't abrade wet skin, or you could do more harm than good.

I second oil, then rub with cotton wool. As kids we used to rub with salt too to get the extra stubborn bits off. Wouldnt use anything chemical based etc, they really aren't needed. Vaseline meant to be good aswell, rubbed with kitchen roll.