local exercise classes

Hey

Getting married in 3 months and whilst I am the weight and size I want to be I just feel a bit 'loose' and could do with some toning up, was thinking about doing the adult ballet classes advertised but interested to hear if anyone else has other recommendations for local classes or activities. Preferably in the evenings and local to East Dulwich, I'm not much of a runner unless it is short bursts with other exercise thrown in, really I just want to help the aches and pains from lugging around a toddler who can't yet walk and feel a little trimmer in time for my wedding.

What do you think??

I found these free short dowloads today from Leah Sarago who has developed the Ballet Body Signature series. I downloaded them (the longest one is an intense ten minute thigh workout). I actually ordered her exercise DVDs but think they have been lost in transit from the US.

http://leahsaragofitness.com/category/giveaways/

If you do any of the adult ballet classes I would be interested to know what you think. While I would love to join some local classes as well I find the cost rather prohibitive. There's a lot of exercise dvds out there that are very effective for toning provided you do them daily. But if you have toddler at home not always possible to do!

Thanks! Yes I have tried exercsie DVDs in the past but part of the quest is to get out of the house a bit more. For personal reasons I really need to take an evening to myself each week so I am trying to find something to do! PLus as you say, having a toddler makes it hard plus the housework is always sitting there staring at me! I might try the ballet class at the Albrighton centre next week, but I agree the cost is prohibitive so not something to be done that regularly I don't think.

Hi I used to attend the ballet sculpt and ballet classes at Push Studio's twice a week before my wee little one came long. They have classes both during the week and weekends - http://pushstudios.co.uk/en/timetable/

The classes are cheaper if you buy a class card. After attending a few classes you can remember the actions/steps etc. I still do some at home when I can.

In terms of teachers, I can highly recommend Annia she was great, especially helped me regain my strength and tone after two operations.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya

I teach a flexible strength class on Tuesday nights at 7pm which is a Pilates class focusing on toning and stretching. I've got a couple of spaces left this term if you fancy coming along, ?10 a class. It's at my home studio which is near Peckham rye train station.

Drop me a line if you fancy it!

Anya

[email protected]

Hiya, I go to the Adult ballet classes at the Albrighton and find them fab. I have never done ballet before, so it is challenging but nice and relaxing at the same time. As for toning - I seem to come across muscles I never knew I had - and it definitely helps with the toning. I didn't think the costs of the class is too high at ?5 for one hour tuition - I haven't seen any cheaper classes around...

mx

Hiya

there is a pretty good facebook group for the center and the information gets updated pretty often (the webpage is pretty simple and has no real info

Link to facebook page Facebook albrighton

details on the classes are also posted in a thread here on the forum in the "what's on section" - see if this link works : Ballet Classes

The classes are 6.30 to 7.30 on Mondays, the centre is in the little cul-de-sac opposite the Sainsbury on Dog Kennel Hill.... hope this helps!

mx