Advice re double buggies

Hi All,

Im sure this subject has been covered many times but as I have never need a double buggy I have'nt bothered to read them. Actually before my family read this and get excited I'm researching for a friend!

What is the best double buggy (Tandam) They have a mid range budget ?400ish, it needs to fold down to fit in small car boot, easy folding a must for grand parents.

They have a little boy aged 2 and a new born 3 days ahhhhhh.

Ive always thought that Phill and Ted look ok?

Yor ideas, Suggestions and recomendations all gratefully received.

Thanks

I had a Phil & Teds Sport double, and really disliked it. It was OK when used with the carry-cot part (for a toddler and a newborn) but I kept hitting my shins on the second seat when it was set up for a 6m+ baby and toddler. It's also quite heavy, and doesn't fold that small.

On the plus side, I sold mine on to a friend who loves it (using it for her two who are 3y and 3m), and it is very easy to get a second hand one with all the bits from the forum for about ?200.

In the end, I hardly used a double buggy and instead put my newborn in a single buggy, bought a scooter for my 2 year old, and used a baby carrier for the newborn when my toddler needed to go in the buggy for a rest from scooting.

My nanny uses a side by side double Maclaren for her nannyshare (14m and almost 2y). That is quite light and folds small, and is suitable from newborn.

I'm pretty happy with the phil and teds vibe, wasn't sold on the other models as when I tried them in the shop I also found I couldn't stride as I normally would. I don't have this problem with the vibe so might be worth checking out. Also the vibe can be folded with the doubles seat on, you tube is the best place for a demo I found.

Wheels etc can be removed if its too big for the boot, and your friend is welcome to try mine to see if it fits!

Would recommend a v2 version which has 'phil and teds' written down the strut rather than 'vibe', as it has addressed a couple of the issues people had with the first version. Also, if buying second hand see if the person will give you their proof of purchase, this way if something happens you may be able to get it fixed.

Congratulations to your friend!

Dear All

thank you for your advice, I have passed on your pearls of wisdom and suggested she go and road test a few with both bambinos.

EDF come up trumps again, My huband says Im obsessed with the forum ( maybe a little truth in that) as when ever he asks a question I relate back to a post on the forum or respond with I will ask on the EDF....It's my directory of everything and anything and long may it continue.