Eliot Bank or Dulwich Wood Nursery?

My son has been offered places at both of these nurseries and I am at a complete impasse on this decision. They both have pros and cons, the major ones being that Eliot Bank has a better Ofsted report and Dulwich Wood has an amazing outdoor area.

Anyone out there with experiences of both of these places that can offer a comparison? They both look like great options to me.

Thanks,

-A

This is nothing more than my opinion, but at nursery level, I couldn't care less what OFSTED say (to be honest, I'm not really down with them at any level). I think the place where your child will be happiest and have most fun is the place to go.

Our daughter also offered EB, but we're keeping her at the very old fashioned St Barts pre school in Sydenham, because she always comes out smiling.

Our son has been at Dulwich Wood since September and loved it. He wasn't in any childcare before this, so we worried about him adjusting but there haven't been any tears at all and our alternative family was made to feel very welcome. Great resources and variety of opportunities there.

Thanks Otta and Nubby'smum. Getting there, commute, and getting childcare around the nursery hours are my other main considerations. Either way there is a big hill in one direction! I'm in agreement with you about Ofsted reports Otta. I think impression and atmosphere are the main deciding factors - but both left a good impression on me. Personally, I'm leaning toward Dulwich Wood as it seemed more spacious, had a more relaxed atmosphere when I visited, and you just can't beat their outdoor play area. There's always EB for primary . . .

• 2 weeks later...