Acupuncturist recommendations for speeding things up?

Hi there all

I wondered whether anyone could help me out by recommending an acupuncturist for helping to bring on labour? 41 wks tomorrow and keen to avoid a medical induction if at all possible, so any recommendations are hugely appreciated :)

Thank you in advance! x

Not accupuncture but I went and had maternity reflexology done with Monica at the Dulwich Therapy rooms, 2 days after my due date and I went into labour the following morning. My friend also went into labour 24 hours after having reflexology.

It's worth a shot!

I can also highly recommend Giles Davies. He practices out of his groudfloor office at 15a Barry Road. He and his wife have grown children, so he's a very good sounding board for all things family related too.

Ella Keepax is excellent as well. She practices out of Harley Street, but she lives locally I think. You can do a search for her user name. I believe she's on the Forum.

Best of luck. xx

I saw Claire at health matters - heartily recommend. I too was very overdue and after two sessions had to cancel the third because I had just produced a healthy baby boy (just before appointment to be induced). Good luck with it - I know how hard the wait is, but it will happen! X

The problem with all these success stories is that they are all testimonies from women who were overdue, and - surpise surprise - subsequently went into labour.

I tried everything to bring labour on - I ate hot curries, walked around four miles a day, had sweeps with my midwife and yes, in a moment of weakness, had acupuncture.

I really regret spending ?50 to have six needles poked into me and then wriggled around. If you want to take action - and I really understand that desire to do something, anything, to get things moving - then maybe consider a massage designed to induce pregnancy. I had two of those and they were worth every penny - they completely relaxed me and I think helped prepare me for giving birth, so that even if the specific massage oil she used (which included clary sage) had no effect, it was money well spent.

I went to Amy in Dulwich Village - http://www.thedulwichtouch.co.uk

Good luck.

Hi ladies - in true will try anything style I've booked an acupuncture appointment for tomorrow and Amy for massage on Thurs when I will be 41+2 so fingers crossed! Plus had a sweep today so here's hoping! Thanks again for all the tips - really hoping something will give as Kings are hell bent on induction if she doesn't come by the end of the weekend! Xx