Parenting classes for 2-6 year olds

ang

I tried to get on one but missed out on a place as was a bit late this term, have signed up for the autumn term - the one this term was being run at various places including the Albrighton Centre on a Friday morning, for 10 weeks. They do a creche too. I think there are details on the Southwark website - will see if i can find the link. To be honest I'm not sure how I'll manage the commitment of 10X fri mornings but want to do something!

• 1 year later...
Hi did you try these courses in the end? I am thinking the same thing - so fed up of bring ignored by 3 year old and hate shouting at him but sometimes I don't know what else to do to get him to get dressed / get in the bath / put down tos / leave the house / etc etc. Help!

• 4 months later...
Tbh, the tips in that link are interesting but personally I think they have more to do with parental perception of boys than the individual behaviour of any child. My child acts A LOT like the boys described in that link, and she's a girl. My friend's child is very much the opposite, and he's a boy.

The pac.org link looks good, but I couldn't find anything for parents on a weekend (link was for adoptive parents and carers?). Will look again when I have more time.

Unfortunately due to our work schedules, DH and I can only do weekends for formal courses.

Or does anyone know of informal peer support style gentle parenting groups that meet in the evening?