American expat moms?

Our family is new to East Dulwich (though we've lived in London 2 years) and looking forward to meeting new people. We're happy to meet people of all backgrounds, but I was curious if there happen to be any American expat moms out there who might want to meet? We're originally from Atlanta, GA but lived in San Francisco for 4 years before moving to London. I'm a full-time mom with a 3.5 year old and one on the way. Our daughter would also love to meet some new little friends. :)

Hey there,

I'm an American expat mom-to-be with a baby who was due to be born on the 4th of July. No idea when he'll actually arrive now, since he seems to be overdue. I have a friend who lives in Dulwich Village who has two daughters ages 2 & 4 though. They sound like they'd be perfect companions for your daughter.

Look forward to meeting you!

Hiya,

Another one here! I have been here 12 years and have a 2 year old girl and a 4 month old boy. Just moved from East Dulwich to North Dulwich. Am back at work now but I have Fridays off so would love to meet up on a Friday or weekend.

Rebecca x

And another one here. April marked my 11th year in London and have been in fabulous ED for about 20 months now. I too am a working Mom with Fridays off (like Rebecca) and have an independent 16-month old daughter who loves playing in Dulwich or Peckham parks. Look forward to hearing more about an American Mommy meet-up!

Let's hear it for the American mums! I am on my 6th year in London. Originally from Fort Worth and then Los Angeles. I have a 6 month old and would love to plan a get together. We are on Maxted off of Bellenden Road. Looks like Fridays work for most. Shall I throw out a date of July 20th as a proposed date to meet up? Would the 27th work better? Which park works better for everyone? Peckham Rye cafe or Dulwich cafe? I ordered an american flag for our 4th of July party so I can be brave and put it on one of the tables to signify A MEETING OF THE AMERICAN MUMS! Huxley (6 month old) and I can do either date and park.

Meredith x

Sounds great to me! I was going to suggest the same, a Friday meet-up :) I vote for sooner than later, so the 20th would be my pick. And I'd be happy with either park cafe. Maybe 11am? What do others think of that time? I was thinking some moms might have to get back for kids to nap after lunch. Looking forward to meeting lots of moms and kids!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ladies,

Another one here. I'm originally from the Austin,TX area and have been in London for the past 3 1/2 years. I live in dulwich village and am pregnant with my first baby. He's due August 19th and am super keen to meet other mums from the States. Meredith I got an email from Tess (NCT) telling me about you and this group. Would love to meet you!

Sacha x

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...