Gauging interest

Hello,

I haven't posted anything on here before but I am hoping to gauge interest in a small, home business that I am thinking of starting.

It is simply homemade baby/toddler meals, 5 portions delivered frozen to local parents of young children. I'm imagining that it would be about ?15 for a week's worth of meals.

I am sure that there are already individuals who provide this service, but I am wondering if there is a market for more. And also what thoughts would be on completely organic, or just meat/fish organic etc etc...

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I think it's a great idea. However, a friend of mine in N London looked into a similar thing and found all the rules and regulations for food prep impossible to work around. If you can get around all the H&S issues I'm sure there's a market for it. Good luck. Px

Hi Gilla

my mum use to do this she did a food hygine course

and had her kitchen inspected and certificated

good little buisiness if you can get it going there is a great demandin dulwich

mum use to provide a lot of family that had children at mindrs and nurseries

Yes I bet there would also be a demmand for delivering packed lunches to nurseries, if the nurseries would allow it. Then Mums could concetrate on just getting everyone breakfasted, dressed and out the door, knowing that their packed lunch would delivered directly to the nursery.

I personally wouldn't care if it was all organic for toddlers but did used to at the baby stage. Organic meat would be a plus.

Hiya - I would definitely be interested - in fact thought about something similar some time ago. There are a fair few things to consider, in terms of regulation etc, but not insurmountable. I am happy to share what I found out at the time, pm me if I can help.

mx

Hello again,

That's brilliant, thanks to all who have replied with thoughts and advice. It's given me a little more confidence to keep thinking about this idea!

I'll probably be back again with some more interest-gauging queries, till then, thank you!

C x