has any one used lily pads

hi

i am a first mum to be, been looking to see what i would like. i come across lily pads and wondered if any one had used them if there any good.

please inform me on good and bad review you may have so i can work out if i want to use them or not.

thank you

joanna

Hi Joanna,

I tried them for a while with my 3rd baby but just didn't get on well with them at all. I found that even when applied properly I ended up with milk "pooling" in the side I wasn't feeding off, and it was tricky to then get rid of it without it going everywhere. They were also hard to keep clean and I found them quite fiddly to use making it hard to use them discretely when out and about.

With my other two babies I used Lansinoh disposable pads, but this time round I'm using really good washable ones I got from the Nappy Lady website.

I don't know if my experience is typical, but personally I wouldn't recommend them.

Hi there,

I am completely the opposite to Pickle as I used them with both my kids and loved them! Sleeping without a bra was bliss!! They are not too expensive and the fact that you can reuse them is also great for the environment but it is a personal preference.

Hope this helps :)

Hi I used them too and found them great. I didnt use them when I was out and about as due to their sticky nature they are fiddly to put back on discreetly but used them in the house and on evenings out when I wasn't going to be feeding. they were a godsend on these occasions as with the disposable ones I was leaking everywhere if I missed a feed.

I had a similar experience to pickle. I think especially in the beginning when your let down is strong these just don't cut it, but they are OK later on when you aren't so leaky. I also found that they loose their tackiness rather quickly and after you take them off a few times they don't go back on very well untill after you wash them and start "fresh." That said, when I reported a problem with the tackiness their customer services was excellent and they sent me a free pair. Unfortunately, I find the same problems with the other pair they sent. I'd say they are good for if you need to wear something under which a nursing bra won't do, but they aren't good for daily use.

I also have the bamboo ones from the Nappy Lady website. They are great in terms of absorbancy, but don't belive the hype - they are still breast pads and you will see them under a tight shirt. I don't believe any pad out there is invisible under a tight shirt!

OMG, I had the most awful pain in my nipples, and LilyPadz were the only thing I could use for a while.

The pain was so bad that I used to cry sometimes when I was nursing my daughter. Then my nipples cracked too. LilyPadz + Lansinoh cream were really good for healing. If your nipples crack, sometimes it's best to keep them moist while they heal. When they dry out, the skin can lose elasticity at the site of the crack, and suckling will split the crack again. Moist healing helps avoid this cycle of re-splitting.

I had 2 pairs of LilyPadz, so I could use one pair while the other was drying. I found that washing them 2x with Ecover dish liquid, then leaving them to air dry was best. They retained their stickiness for weeks this way. xx

I have Little Lamb bamboo ones from the Nappy Lady website, they are excellent. I'm 6 months in to BFing #3 and haven't used a disposable pad since the moment they arrived in the mail (when she was a few weeks old) so given the price of disposables they are much better value (and more comfortable).