September starters - Goodrich School

Hello

My son is due to start school in September and has a place at Goodrich. Other than the letter asking us to come along and register him, and a form to fill in for free school meals, I have had no further contact from them.

Has anyone else received any further info i.e. start dates and settling in arrangements and uniform requirements? I rang the school today to check I wasn't missing any letters and they broke up yesterday!

Vickster

We got a letter yesterday, our daughter is in the nursery there. I think the letters had just been printed, so perhaps you will get yours in the post shortly.

You should have received a phone call regarding a home visit? These are taking place in the first week of term, with the reception children starting over the course of the following week. I seem to remember with my son (who has been in reception this year) we didn't find out his start date until the home visit.

Did you go to the reception open day a couple of weeks ago and find out what class he is in?

I think the open day info was on the initial letter asking for proof of address etc., there were people there that didn't have a current connection with the school so it must have been communicated externally. I'm sure you will hear from them! If not, reception starts the week of 10th Sept and school is back on 5th Sept, so give them a call.