peckham walk in vs A&E

Spent 2 hours waiting at the Peckham Rd walk in only to be sent to A&E and wait another 1.5 hrs. Drs at A&E did and said nothing different from the Drs at Pkhm walk in. What a complete waste of time! My 2 pence - don't bother and just go to A&E. Less of a wait there anyway!

When Lex was 9wks old, she got conunctivitis. I went to the walk in centre, and the dr refused to treat her because she was so little (!!!) He said she had a temperature (37.8, it was fecking boiling outside) and sent me to a&e with a 'referral' letter. They were as shocked as I was that I'd been sent along. Anyway, they diagnosed conjnctivitis, prescribed some drops, sent us on our way.

When Alex was just a few days old and I needed to see a dr urgently for myself and he had developed a few spots, no other symptoms, they saw us within minutes, gave Alex a thorough check up (he had prickly heat) and sorted me out there and then... guess it is a lottery on who is on....?

mima, I think you're right. The Dr who refused to treat us had given us shocking care during prior visits (told me he would be making a SS referral when my son, then 10mo, had burns on his hands. Theres more to this story, but I am not an abusive, negligent monster! Not when in public, anyway...)