Goodrich Primary

Hello, just popping over from SE23 to ask a question!

We wll be applying for primary schools for our daughter from September. As the crow flies Goodrich is our third closest primary at around 630 metres.

I have checked and this would have got us in last year, but I wondered if anyone who applied this year could tell me what the initial furthest distance was (I've called the school to no avail!)

I'm hoping that with a three form entry it gives us a better chance than Fairlawn or horniman which are looking v unlikely despite us being literally round the corner...

TIA

Hmm well we are within 370m of both of them. For the last 5 years we would have got into at least one of them, but Horniman had a bulge last year so I think the knock of effect will be tiny catchments for both (as those that don't get into Horniman where they usually would will then be closer to Fairlawn so take up more spaces there)

I could be wrong, but the situation is not looking great for us at the moment.

If we don't get into either of them or Goodrich, I'm not reall sure where my daughter will be offered a place (although I realise we don't know which schools will have bulge classes yet).

I was just hoping someone could put my mind at rest a little by saying they live as far away as us from Goodrich and still got in...

The school will be closed for the summer holiday now until September so your other option is to ring or email the council to ask. Make sure you ask the distance of the furtherest open space as opposed to siblings or sen or looked after children. They do put out a leaflet that purports to give this info with the 2013 reception place application booklet that seems to appear in the libraries from late autumn. However I have never trusted their stats in that booklet. Forum remains No1 choice for accurate comprehensive info! Perhaps contact Local councillor Renata Hamvas (sp?) who may have some info on likely bulges. Goodrich hasn't bulged for 4 years so may be in line for another? Honestly although you will worry I'm not sure that there is much need, it seems to be very rare indeed for someone not to get into a local school in the end and we are blessed with lots of good ones.

Good luck

The difference in distance between first round of offerings in April and furthest distance a place was offered and accepted by the actual start of the school year can be quite impressive too and certainly worth asking the school, local authority and/or forum.