Goodrich uniform

Hello Goodrich parents. My daughter starts at Goodrich in September and I'm wondering how strict the uniform is. i.e. what colour shoes and socks/tights are allowed? Also, will she need trainers for PE? What colour(s) are allowed?

Thanks

It hasn't been too strict, bit I do think it will be tightened up on a bit next year now that the new head teacher has taken over.

Tights, most girls wear dark grey, and black shoes. In reception my son didn't seem to need trainers for PE, they did it inside, barefoot. It won't start immediately when term begins, so I'm sure we will get details beforehand as to what they need this year.

There does end to be quite a big variation in terms of shoes, and we are guilty of starting the year in black and ending it in red Clarks trainers (son had a growth spurt, I didn't want to buy new shoes a few weeks before the end of term!).

Thanks Pickle. Is it okay for girls to wear black (or grey) leggings instead of tights? I'm thinking it would be easier to deal with going to the loo (I'm having nightmares about my daughter being too lazy to pull up her tights!)

I was thinking about this too.. Do the boys have to wear Goodrich T shirts for PE or can they wear plain polo shirts and do they wear shorts or track suit bottoms? I've got the Goodrich jumpers but can they wear plain polos underneath? Thanks..

For PE, my son wears a plain white t shirt (you can get a pack of 3 for ?2 at Sainsburys) and navy shorts, which I believe is the official PE uniform. Under his school sweatshirt he wears either plain white polo shirts or blue Goodrich t-shirts.