Nursery recommendations and baby groups- recent

uzma

Hi All

could anyone recommend any baby groups that me and my baby girl who is 3 months old can attend? i moved from east london so i have no friends in this area :( i would love to get out and about!

Also due to my lack of knowledge of the area can anyone recommend nursery for her? i will be returning to work in may and i would like to find a good nursery for my baby girl to go to. It will be a full time nursery! i am not looking for nannys or childminders as i live in a joint family system and would prefer my daughter not to be look aftered by them.

Kindest regards!

Uzma

There are a number of mum and baby groups but not sure which ones run through the school holidays if any. When my daughter was that age I attended the lovely nct mums and babes group held on a Friday morning at St faiths church near north dulwich station (dont need to be a nct member), I know that doesn't run in the holidays. I believe there is also a Nct mums and babes on a Monday morning at goose green church hall but I never went to that one.

I also liked going to the group on a Monday afternoon at the Albrighton centre (on the estate opposite sainsburys on dog kennel hill) for babies under 18 months, we didn't start going until my daughter was 5months but you will be fine going with a younger baby, again not running in the holidays.

Also check out this website http://www.edtots.co.uk/ lists things going on in east dulwich.

... And go to the southwark website for a list of nurseries.

Best bet is to visit them all (well the ones that are a good location for you) and then go on the waiting list of the ones you like. You can expect to pay ?20-?30 just to go on the waiting lists.

Also, get your name down ASAP as waiting lists can be quite long.

Hello,

If you're looking for groups running through the holidays, my classes are running as normal throughout the summer :)

Classes are aimed at babies aged 6 months and up but you're welcome to come along with your 3 month old to see how you and your daughter find it!

Best,

Bea

Bea's Baby Bop

Drop in music classes for babies and toddlers

Tuesdays 3:30-4:30

The Victoria Inn, 77-79 Choumert Road, SE15 4AR

Wednesdays 11-12

The Florence, 131 Dulwich Road, Herne Hill, SE24 ONG

Wednesdays 3:30-4:30

The Victoria Inn, 77-79 Choumert Road, SE15 4AR

Thursdays 10:30-11:30

Rye Books, 45 Upland Road, East Dulwich, SE22 9EF

Fridays 10-11 / 11-12

The Florence, 131 Dulwich Road, Herne Hill, SE24 ONG

Fridays 3:30-4:30

Soup Dragon, 106 Lordship Lane, East Dulwich, SE22 8HF

Saturdays 10:30-11:30

The Plough, 381 Lordship Lane, East Dulwich, SE22 8JJ

?5, any additional siblings pay half price

Drop in (no need to book beforehand)

www.beasbabybop.com

www.facebook.com/beasbabybop

Hi and welcome to the area.

The dish and spoon (cheltenham rd, nunhead), is running daily sessions for babies and toddlers. Lots of mums and dads and careers...

Also pick up a copy of the local Families magazine which has lists of activities. Library should have a copy and they generally run rhyme sessions as well.

Check out your nearest park should have some sessions. Peckham rye has a lovely session for under 5,s twice a week, as does Telegraph hill etc.

Loads to do in the area ...

Good luck!