do i need ear defenders for 9 mo for olympics?

Convex

We went to the athletics in the Olympic Park with 3.5yr old and 10 month old. We took them mainly because it was in the evening and we were hoping kids would sleep. There's lots of sudden noise that might wake up or scare a baby but not sure if it's ear damaging? Anyway baby slept in sling for a few hours with ear defenders on. He wasn't keen on keeping them on whilst awake though. I've lent mine to somebody or I'd offer them. Have fun!

Thanks.

Another question, it says no liquids are allowed? I need to take hot water to make up formula for the night feed do you think they will let me through with that? I could take some ready made but that's over 100ml too... I feel like I'm going on a plane.

My baby who was 8 and a half months old when we went to the Basketball got extremely upset once the crowd started cheering when the balls went in. She'd been fine up to then with the general noise. The problem wasn't the noise level but the kind of noise. I didn't have ear defenders with me and had to leave and was only able to creep back in when she'd fallen asleep on me. After waking up to the noise though she was fine. We've tickets to the paralympics next week and we're definitely taking ear defenders this time!

We arrived much later than advised and it was totally fine.

With liquids, we had no problems with a big aluminium water bottle at the equestrian and one time at the main olympic park. I breatfeed but didn't want the hassle of queing to fill a water bottle with 2 little ones in tow. However today there was a military woman who gave us grief and wanted us to empty it, but said if milk had been inside (a large aluminium drink bottle? obviously never had a baby) it would have been ok. Her friendly colleages told us to put it back in our bag when she wasn't looking and told her we had emptied it :)

This thread is great! Im going with 7 month old to watch swimming on wed, i have no ear protectors should i get one? And can i bring my cooled boiled water in a thermos? Not sure how much water it holds but will double check! And i can bring my fully packed changing bag? That includes calpol formula powder and the rest of it x

I would say absolutely definitely take ear defenders. We went to the athletics and it was deafening at times. We left early as our boy wouldn't wear the ear defenders for long. Babies have very sensitive hearing which can be permanently damaged. My baby brother's hearing was damaged when he was young, almost certainly by my loud music, which being a teenager I was always cranking up. You don't want to have to live with that.